and all the amazing food that comes with adventures.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Gili Islands

Our booked trip to the Gili Islands started with a very fast taxi ride from Ubud to the Denpasar Bay to catch yet another fast boat (barf-o-rama) to the Gili Islands
Already feeling a little overwhelmed..

...and a little nervy to ride a fast boat, considering I puked on the last one.

Pic of a big boat for my momma.  I think it was a cargo boat.  This was pretty far away and still HUGE.

Gilligan's Island?

On top of the fast boat before it got rough.  the rough part not pictured is note-worthy because there was a) no puking on my part and b)guns and Roses was blaring and the whole boat was singing along to "A Bed of Roses".  I tried to get a video for you Lisa.

While waited for our taxi on the large Gili Island, there were babies, chickens and...


cRats to keep us company.

No cars are allowed on any of the islands.  So the tok-tok's are horse-drawn.


The ocean view and one of the other Gili Islands.

I don't know if you can tell, but I'm so excited to see so many cats. I'm such a freakin cat lady, it's kind of ridiculous.

<3

Chicken on the beach.
Taxi arrives and we head to the smallest Gili Island.




Look at that water!

This is my ass oozing through the holes of the hammock on the porch of our hut.

And our resident spider.

Cow!


Our guest at dinner.




There were tons of small white crabs. I don't think that you can actually see it but they would disappear into these holes. So cool.

<3

The island was small enough to ride all the way around took us about 45 min, including stops to swim, walk over the really sandy parts, and to say no to the locals that offered us pot, mushroom and meth.


Komodo Dragon!!!

A total highlight for me.  Read about them here.


I think it was a baby, because it was fairly small, and so was the poop we saw him defecate. COOOOOOOLA!

Afternoon out of the sun!

Our sweet rides! (matching, so dorky, love it)

You know this is where we stopped.


Skyping with Lisa.  Look at the smile on my face to see myife. Awe <3.
So there aren't that many pics of the Gili's.  We really did not do much, and we were only there for two nights....but I would like to report that I also didn't puke on the fast boat back to Bali, although it was tough.  I think the key is to sit at the back of the boat and to keep your eyes open.
And finally, a much needed mani/pedi.

(Femme porn!!!)

and delicious evilness in a can.

No comments:

Post a Comment