 |
| Right after my new friend John left, both Kade and Jade (from the blog Where in the world is JK) came through Chiang Mai. I didn't get a pic of Kade, sorry folks, but here is a post full of pics and adventures with friends from home. |
 |
| Birds on a bike at my favorite spot to get Pad Thai, Thanks John for showing me. |
 |
| The most amazing dress shop. I've the the designers email if any of you out there need one. I tell you these pictures don't do them justice, they were ab.so.lutely amazing. |
 |
| And it had a kitten in the shop!!!! |
 |
| <3 |
 |
| Bowling night Chiang Mai. From left to right: Evan, me, Jade and Eleza. |
 |
| Channeling the days when bowling was a Thursday night regularity. |
 |
| Charade bowling begins |
 |
| "Wild West" |
 |
| "Robot" |
 |
| making out with a bowling ball, I think it was "one night stand" (?) |
 |
| "Burlesque Bowling" |
There were a lot more, and I'm sad I didn't get Jade's "yoga bowling" pose. Anyway, you got the idea. Bowling and beer, woah. Always a good time.
 |
| Movies at the mall, while you wait you can get your eye brows, eye liner and lips tattooed, very affordable. |
 |
| Sunday Night Walking Market, Left to Right, Eleza, Jade and Roz. |
 |
| And me a little overwhelmed by the crowd. |
After Jade, Roz and Eleza moved on a co-worker of Shai's came into town, Helen.
 |
| This is not Helen but a very cute puppy that was in a store. There are also a lot more pictures than just this one. |
 |
| This is Helen. We had a nice time, swimming, eating, massage receiving, market wondering and bike riding. |
 |
| At the big food market |
 |
| Coconut shakes. Yum! |
 |
| This is a picture from one of my favorite cafes, called Free Bird Cafe. |
| Thank you Jade for introducing me to the place. |
|
|
|
After Helen left, I met Alice through a recommendation through a mutual friend in NY. I am so glad we were able to meet. It was a little slice of home.
 |
| Both sporting out Sf tote bags |
I also got the pleasure of meeting Alice's bestie, AJ and her fiance Rob
 |
| AJ and Rob |
And also Michael, who I later was able to travel with in Northern Vietnam.
 |
| Michael |
 |
| Food adventures with Aj, alice and Rob. AJ reads (many) blogs, and got the suggestion to find this guy that does the best mango salads. They were right, it was good. |
 |
| But not as good ad this deliciousness. This is fried root, similar to rutabaga. So delicious! |
 |
| Just because i love animals, especially cats. This is my favorite cat on a string. |
 |
| Chiang Mai Main City Building |
 |
| Saturday Night Walking Market (not as crazy or as busy as Sunday Walking market) |
And this concludes today's post. Next, the blog that will make you want me to cook for you.xoxo
loooveeee the cooking class pictures! I'm glad that you had so many friends in Chiang Mai! I want to see more pics of that adorable bull dog!
ReplyDeleteI really wish that I had done a cooking class. Well I plan to return to Chiang Mai and that will be on my list.
ok, I read the thai freedom house blog and that story about the burmese refugee who's wife died and he was living in a makeshift tent and was saving money for the 1.5 hour bus ride to tell his other son that she was dead??? Omg! Well thank god for TFH, for letting him live in the storeroom. That was back in 2009, otherwise I would have donated money for his bus ticket to and fro!
ReplyDelete